Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rocket Scientist?

I am always talking about the importance of an education to all of the kids at the shop. This is my friend Dr. Arthur Thomason. He has been a pro flatlander for close to twenty years and still got a PHD in Physics, and is currently employed by NASA. Enjoy this video of Art riding, and try to imagine the work ethic it took to accomplish the things he has. Much respect Art, you are an excellent example of success!

Art Thomason 2010 vid from Hoffman Bikes on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. We were just talking about you this morning, Joe ~ and this post is exactly what we were saying. Not only do you give the kids a safe place to practice and ride but by holding them accountable and telling them how important it is to pursue education you are helping them reach their highest potential. YOU deserve much respect and admiration for that! peace. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I just hope to reach as many of these kids as I can. I feel like our community thinks of them as thugs and dropouts, but I bet most are some of the smartest kids I know.

    ReplyDelete